Indian Military Nursing Service
The Indian Military Nursing Service exam (MNS) is a gateway to work as a military nurse in the Indian Army. Hence thousands of aspirants take the MNS exam each year. Below are MNS exam pattern regarding MNS exam.
MNS exam is a three-stage process as it includes:
- Written test
- Medical examination
MNS Written exam:
- As per new amendments from 2020 MNS written exam is conducted in online mode instead of the earlier offline mode procedure. Thus it is a computer based Exam (CBE). The Directorate General of Medical Services is the organizing body of MNS exam.
- The time duration of MNS exam will be 90 minutes.
- Furthermore it will be an objective based exam with MCQs from the following subjects: biology, chemistry, physics, general English, general Knowledge and general intelligence. Number of questions will be 150.
Once the result of written exam is out the selected candidates will have to appear for a Panel interview at the allotted centre which is of 100 marks. Questions in interview range from personal information such as name, family, place of residence etc. to educational qualification and military aptitude. You are often asked questions pertaining to this profession such as: why do you want to join MNS, in what way can you serve Indian Army, what is your long term goal in life, preparation strategy, etc.
MNS Medical Examination:
The finishing touch or I should say the last stage to get into MNS is a short medical examination.
MNS Written Exam Eligibility Criteria:
|16 ½ to 24 year’s (as on the first day of the month in which is due to commence)
|Passed/Appearing 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks
ABOUT MNS WRITTEN EXAM PATTERN
|MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
|90 minutes (1 Hour, 30 minutes)
|General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry , GK and General Intelligence
|Mode of examination
|Computer Based Exam (CBE)
ABOUT MNS EXAM SECTION WISE ANALYSIS
|POTENTIAL QUESTIONS ASKED
MNS 2021 EXAM EXPECTED CUT-OFF
To help candidates know their chances of selection in the MNS recruitment exam, we have provided the cut-off of the MNS exam.
Factors Affecting the MNS Exam
- Number of Candidates Appearing in the Exam
- Number of Seats Available at Different Colleges
- Difficulty Level of the Questions in the Exam
- Previous Year Cut-off Marks and Exam Statistics
- Process of normalization of 2 shifts
Military Nursing Services (MNS) Exam Previous Year Analysis:
For a better understanding of the recent exam trends, we have also provided the cut-off marks of the previous year’s exams to help candidates prepare accordingly. The candidates should note that the cut-off score of the MNS exam is increasing every year and one needs to prepare with full concentration to crack the examination.
We hope that the above article will help you to understand and analyze the recent exam trends.
Glance at MNS Recruitment Drive:
|Indian Army Military Nursing Service Course B.Sc. (Nursing)
|Directorate General of Medical Services (Army)
|Mode of Application
|I- Written Test (Objective Type) Phase ,II- Panel Interview ,III- Medical Test , IV- Merit List
|Tentative Vacancies Per Course
|220 (once in a year) or as notified from time to time
|Armed Forces Medical College, Pune Command Hospital (Eastern Command), Kolkata Indian Navy Hospital (INHS) Asvini, Mumbai Army Hospital Research and Referra, New Delhi Command Hospital (Central Command), Lucknow Command Hospital (Air Force), Bangalore
|SC/ST Candidates – 15 Seats NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders – 25